Sunday, July 29, 2012

Class? Yes!

Whole Brain Teaching method to bring the class together  

To get the class’ attention I simply say ‘Class?’ and they respond ‘Yes!’. The key is that they say "Yes!" in the same style that I said "Class?". This technique is engaging and results in students stopping what they are doing to give me their undivided attention.

If I say "Classity-class-class?" they have to reply "Yessity-yes-yes!" If I say it with a high-pitched voice, they respond with a high-pitched voice. If I whisper, they say it in a whisper. Students have to match my tone and intensity. This is where the creativity and fun come in. Here are two of my favorites:
"Oh Class" (response: "Oh Yes")
repeat class twice or three times

The research behind why the class-yes approach is effective can be found at  wholebrainteaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs